The Town of Nottingham is seeking a qualified leader to serve as Public Works Director. The Director supervises all road, bridge and culvert construction, snow removal, solid waste and recycling operations.
This is a newly-created position – with small teams in the Highway Department and Recycling Center, the director will be a hands-on leader. He/she will work independently to supervise permanent and seasonal employees; manage contractors and vendors, vehicles and equipment; and handle department budgeting and planning in conjunction with town officials. Storm and emergency response requires proximity to Nottingham, on-call availability, and a CDL license.
The selected candidate will show successful experience with:
- Hiring and supervising employees and contractors;
- Directing road construction and maintenance;
- Operation and maintenance of vehicles and equipment;
- Working with the public and municipal government.
Of particular interest are examples of:
- Experience with snow removal operations;
- Knowledge of engineering principles relative to public works projects;
- Project management and budgeting skill;
- Education and training related to roads, bridges, workplace safety, environmental protection, and/or GIS.
This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive municipal benefits. A full job description is available at https://www.nottingham-nh.gov/home/news/town-seeking-road-public-works-director.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest by July 24, 2017, to:
Chris Sterndale, Town Administrator
PO Box 114
Nottingham, NH 03290
Closing Date: July 25, 2017