The Merrimack Village District Water Works is accepting applications for a Senior Utility Treatment Technician to perform highly skilled work in the operations and maintenance of our municipal water treatment and storage facilities. Applicants for this position must have a high school diploma or equivalent, valid driver’s license, NH Water Works Plant Operator License – Treatment Grade II and three years of experience directly relating to water treatment plant operations and maintenance. Applicants must also have related experience with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system, and experience with Geographic Information System (GIS) and Elements Asset Management software preferred.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, valves and chemical equipment to regulate flow of raw water into treatment plant.
2. Prepares specified amounts of chemicals such as chlorine, phosphate, scale inhibitor and lime, and adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect, deodorize, reduce corrosion & lime scaling and clarify water.
3. Monitors panelboard and adjusts controls to regulate flow rates, loss of head pressure & water elevation and distribution of water.
4. Maintains and repairs machines and equipment, including injection and monitoring equipment.
5. Performs general plant and grounds maintenance, including general housekeeping.
6. Tests water samples to determine pH, color and impurities.
7. Records data such as residual content of chemicals, water pH, pumpage and water pressure.
8. Compiles, maintains and validates maintenance documentation, plant log and various quality control reports.
9. May be detailed to operate equipment and perform other various tasks of lower or higher qualifications as assigned.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
SALARY: $23.88 to $26.03 DOE
BENEFITS: Full Benefit Package – Health/Dental Insurance, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, NH Retirement System and 457 Plan.
EDUCATION: High School or Equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 Years in Water Treatment Plan Operations & Maintenance, Including SCADA. GIS and Elements Asset Management software preferred.
LICENSES: NH Water Works Plant Operator License – Treatment Grade II - Required Valid Driver’s License
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess basic computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Outlook & Word.
Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. and move more than 100 lbs.
Required to wear proper safety and protective equipment.
Required to serve in On-Call rotation with District Distribution & Treatment staff.
Required availability after hours, weekends and holidays for On-Call rotation and as needed.
Please Submit Cover Letter & Resume to:
Mail / In Person > Merrimack Village District
Attn: Human Resources
2 Greens Pond Road
Merrimack, NH 03054
Email > email@example.com
Fax > 603-424-0563 (F) Attn: Human Resources
Resumes must be received by Wednesday, August 1, 2018. EOE
Visit www.mvdwater.org for a full job description.
Closing Date: August 1, 2018